Going from my healthiest meal for 2012 at Living Food posted yesterday right on to the unhealthiest but equally tasty at Soo Kee today. Well known by locals as one of the best char siew places in KL the evening we visited we saw this dish on every table. My local buddies and a number of foreigners in the know had advised that char siew is really the only dish to order as it is so good that anything else pales in comparison. It comes with rice and a plate of peanuts to nibble while you wait but we had to at least add some greens to balance out the heavily tipped scales - which were fresh and a welcome conscious saving side dish. So... the char siew - basically caramelized pork fat - so sinfully sapid that I wrestled hubby for the last piece and will need to run everyday for the next week to work it off. I later found out that you can ask for a portion with a higher or smaller meat to fat ratio. I don't know that I would choose differently though - I'm a pretty good runner :-) 
Soo Kee
373 Jalan Ampang
(near the junction with Ulu Klang by the overpass)
Ampang
Malaysia
+603 4257 0767
 
Top